Plantfanatic

I am an avid gardener, small truck patch grower, and a tomato enthusiast.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spring!!!

What a beautiful week!!! Its spring and there’s a thousand things to do. On Monday we planted our onions, we planted around 5000. Hopefully a lot of people will want to buy onions this year. Also today was so sunny that I felt like I should get out and do something. So it might be a bit early, but I went ahead and took the straw off my Darselect strawberries (offered by Nourse Farms). What a job, but hopefully it will be worth it. If you have strawberries make sure when you take the straw off, that you cut the dead plant away. If you don’t you’ll strawberries will rot right at the tips, no fun at all. One more thing if you haven’t separated your perennials yet now is a great time.

More Later,
Plantfanatic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home