Plantfanatic

I am an avid gardener, small truck patch grower, and a tomato enthusiast.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

When I was a young gardener I remember when I thought that the more seeds you had in a small area the better, boy did I learn, when your sunflowers are shading out your tomatoes that’s not so good. I’m a big fan of planning
I have heard it said that “Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.” I don’t know if they plan to fail as much as they don’t know what there getting involved, they have not counted the cost. I know most of you out there our experienced gardeners yourselves, but I think everyone should have a garden plan. You can get twice the amount of produce out of the same space if you have a plan of where to plant what when. Confused? Let me give an example say that you have a space that you want to plant tomatoes in, well we all know that tomatoes are a warm weather crop that you plant later in the spring, so before you plant tomatoes why not plant an early crop of radishes, kohlrabi, or lettuce (probably better to do a leaf lettuce instead of a head lettuce). See you get two crops for the price of one plot of land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home