Plantfanatic

I am an avid gardener, small truck patch grower, and a tomato enthusiast.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tomato Varieties

Tomato Varieties

As the cold winds of February sweep down I am reminded anew of the wonderful days of spring and summer. Even though the cold winds are blowing I’m starting to see signs of spring. Little buds on the trees and the sprouts of Daffodils peaking out to meet the blue sky. I’m afraid though that they might be a little premature. We can always hope though for a warm rest of the winter. It’s about the time to start planting tomatoes in the greenhouse. Some of my favorite tomato varieties are:

Variety Characteristics

Mountain Fresh Medium to large fruit with a wonderful flavor

Sun Leaper Early medium size fruit with great vigor (You
Neighbors will be wondering how you always have
Tomatoes days before theirs).

Carolina Gold A wonderful yellow tomato with less acid than red

I hope you try some of these wonderful Tomato varieties,
Until Next Time,
Plantfanatic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home